Over an afternoon coffee (green tea for some!), we began to discuss the potential of putting on a fantastic multi-sport event for local companies... next thing you know, we've got a company name, designed a logo and are in talks with major players in Manchester in the sporting world. These meetings went better than ever imagined and we had to work fast to keep up with the pace things were moving.
We knew what we wanted to do and why we wanted to do it, but we needed to define our ideology behind the project. Which we did:
- Bring Manchester based companies together, at local iconic venues for an excellent customer experience, fun activities and networking opportunities.
- Help to improve the lives and life chances of Manchester children via our charity partners.
- Assist in bringing positive benefits to communities throughout the City.
- Inspire a healthy future in Greater Manchester through sport and physical activity.
- Make a significant contribution to Greater Manchester's social well-being and economic growth.
- Promote health, confidence, safe spaces and pathways into participation.
Our partners came fast and furious and our small team were working early mornings, late nights and weekends to get things together in order to secure things in such a short time-frame. But we did it, we are well underway to delivering the first Greater Company Games event in September.
2017 will see the inaugural games come to life in the city of Manchester, with iconic venues, a second to none sporting experience and an after party not to be missed.
Great teams are forged in the fire of adversity and sport is unequalled in providing that arena. Our event will develop confidence, build new relationships and most importantly will be a ton of fun. We will provide an exceptional and unequalled team building opportunity that will successfully integrate employees into a unified team, during the event and then back into the workplace.
We anticipate an entry of approx. 500-1000 entrants from across the North West all battling it out to be crowned the coveted inaugural “Greater Company Games Champions!” and we can't wait!