Inspiring a healthier future in Greater Manchester through sport and physical activity
They believe that sport and physical activity can contribute to the achievement of economic potential and social well-being of Greater Manchester and enhances everyone’s life, brings communities together, and should be a lifelong habit. Participation and excellence is a defining characteristic of Greater Manchester and should be celebrated to the benefit of all.
Their four strategic priorities are Children and young people, Physical activity, Sport and Workforce. Whilst maintaining a business focus of being valued by customers and partners, financially secure with a broad financial portfolio and being a great company to work for!
Using sport and physical activity, Greater Sport will:
1. Provide leadership for partners to connect national policies to local priorities, and vice versa
2. Increase investment in Greater Manchester reducing dependency levels
3. Raise the profile of Greater Manchester through sport and physical activity
4. Improve lifelong skills in our communities to create a fairer, healthier, safer and prosperous place to live
5. Implement projects and interventions to increase participation levels, improve people’s health and generate positive social impact in our communities.